Official Rules and Regulations
Dave Rocks Demo Award
- Dave Rocks Demo Award will be awarded to one person or band.
- A minimum of three songs (mp3 and lyric sheets) can be submitted for the Panel of Judges to select their decision. The submissions would be submitted through the email: email@example.com.
- Submissions are accepted from anyone who is a songwriter or an active band.
- The total payout of the Award is determined by the amount of tickets that are sold for the Cambridge weekend show.
- The Award Value can only be used to develop a professional demo.
- Staff & Family members are not eligible.
- Songs must be submitted for the Dave Rocks Demo Award according to the listed deadlines. No exceptions will be made regarding late submissions. Musicians Knowledge Network is not responsible for submissions not received within the deadline.
- The deadlines for the contest are as follows: March 15, 2019 Contest Closes
Winner is announced at the weekend show at 5:00 p.m. Sunday March 31, 2019
Artist or Band MUST be at the show to receive the Award
- Winner must agree to have their image and name used in promotion material in reference to the Dave Rocks Demo Award.
- Selection of the winning applicant:
Musicians Knowledge Network will create a “selection committee”. The committee will be comprised of no fewer than three music industry professionals and no more than six music industry professionals.
The selection committee will narrow down the selection to 5 runners up.
Dave Rocks will select the winner from the 5 runners up.
The songs will be judged on four equally weighted criteria. Creativity, Originality, Storyline and Hooks..